TIPS FOR THE MAGIC LINE EALK
Follow these tips so we can all enjoy the day of the walk.
BEFORE THE WALK
1. If you have an Android phone, you can download the Magic Line 2018 app with Google Play. It will help you to follow the route and will provide you information about closing schedules on each section of the road, about the museums and other points of interest.
2. Plan the day well to make the most of it; You have all day ahead. If you walk 10, 15 or 20 km you can take the opportunity to visit some open museums. You can enjoy the picnic space in Castilo de Montjuïc and try to reach the Cathedral by 5pm to enjoy the Music for Inclusion concert.
3. Respect the time and starting point that we've assigned you.
The spokesperson of each team will receive a sheet that will allow you to pick up the team material at the departure point of your route. This material includes a neck warmer and a "trail map" for each member of the team.
4. If there is any team that has no donation at all, we will not give them the bag with neck warmers and "trail map". It is a way of respecting all those who did put the efforts into fundraising actions.
5. Take food. Depending on your walk, think of the meals you will do. The Magic Line snacks and refreshments supplies are a complement, but in no case are they designed to replace your breakfast or meal.
6. Take water, but do not carry too much. You will find drinking water points enabled by Agbar throughout the entire route. It is better to carry a water bottle to avoid waste.
7. Take a small first-aid kit for minor incidents.
8. Do not wear for the first time new shoes or socks. To avoid blisters you can spray a little vaseline on the soles before walking.
9. The 10 and 15km routes are 100% accessible for people with reduced mobility and for baby strollers.
10. It is possible to carry dogs as long as they comply with the municipal regulations, with the regulations of the Collserola Natural Park and as long as they are tied.
DURING THE WALK
1. Wear your neck warmer that identifies you as Magic Line participant. It will allow you to enjoy the snacks and refreshments.
2. Check the "trail map" information and use it to seal your crossing through the controls located at the tops or other checkpoints of the route. It is also the document that will serve you to enter museums free of charge.
3. You will find supply points where you will be offered fruits, nuts and energy products.
4. Walk, don't run. The route and schedules of the services are calculated according to the walking participants not for runners. If you run, respect the walking participants and be aware that you might find closed supply and checkpoints.
5. Avoid waste and use the rubish and recycling bins that you will find along the route.
6. Respect traffic lights and signposting. On the urban section, we do not shut the streets.
7. In the Collserola National Park do not leave the path, respect the flora and fauna, avoid making too much noise.
8. You can eat in the picnic area of the Castillo de Montjuïc. There you will find relaxing areas and bathrooms, but also a Cultural Area, with performances from all over the world.
9. From 13h to 15h we will have a Karaoke Party in the Castillo de Montjuïc, with Karaokes Band. Cheer up and pick your favourite song here http://www.karaokesband.cat/cancons/ , rehearse and suit up for the occasion to shine like a star!
10. Follow the instructions of more than 300 support volunteers identified by red chest guards.
11. Along the route, you will find actors, entertainers and other surprises. What we want is for you to enjoy and participate with them. The Magic Line is to enjoy it.
12. Share your Magic Line experience on social networks with the hashtag #MagicLine.
13. In case of emergency you can call 112.
AFTER THE WALK
1. The Magic Line Solidarity Concert will begin at 5pm in the Plaza de la Catedral.
2. The "trail map" gives free access to the partner museums on the day of the Magic Line and throughout the month of March.
LET YOURSELF BE CARRIED AWAY BY THE CHARM OF THE MAGIC LINE.